It’s been a while since we’ve had the opportunity to experience a live concert, but just for a moment, think back to the last musician or band you saw perform. Are you there? Remember how you could sense the crowd around you? You could feel the music coursing through you, making your heart beat faster. That, my friends, is called Rock Concert Energy.
What if you could call up that energy at any time or any place? Wouldn’t it be amazing to have that enthusiasm, that passion, and that excitement whenever you wanted it? We’re not just talking about in your spare time. Nope. You can feel that way in your business.
Gaining Your Energy Back From The Pandemic
“I love my work, but being that enthusiastic on a daily basis? I don’t think so.”
Yes. Not only can you, but you must. The COVID-19 pandemic drained a great deal of our energy. However, as we begin to see light at the end of the tunnel, it’s become evident that energy is the number one element of success in 2021! If you want to not only survive, but thrive in business, you need to build up your energy and turn it on at any time. This is something that rock stars have known for years. They can’t command an audience or lead their band without energy. The same goes for business.
“I never feel very energetic. Is good energy just something you’re either born with or not?”
Nope! Energy is a muscle like our biceps or our brains. When you work it out daily, it gets stronger. When you don’t, it gets weaker.
Put your consumer hat on for a few minutes. Imagine you're at Universal Studios in Orlando and all the Disney characters are lacking energy. You'd regret spending any time or money there and it'd probably be the last time you went. In general, would you want to do business with someone who has low energy? No! So don’t be that person either. When you or your team has low energy, you become sluggish in your thinking and in your performance. This leads to business atrophy. You can’t lead or manage your team effectively without energy. You must be able to teach your team how to have high energy and inject it into them whenever needed.
6 Ways to Having High Energy in Business
- Watch who you surround yourself with. This doesn’t just pertain to your team at work; it's also about the friends and family you see during your free time. Jim Rohn is well known for saying, “You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.” This not only applies to success, but to energy as well. Ask yourself if you are spending time with energy producers or energy reducers.
- Change your state. In 2012, Amy Cuddy gave a TED talk entitled “Your body language may shape who you are.” In it, she discussed how 2 minutes of “power poses” each day can change how we feel about ourselves. This is because of something known as embodied cognition, meaning that our brain influences our body, and our body influences our brain. Don’t believe me (or Amy, for that matter)? Notice how you are feeling right now. If you’re in a good mood, feeling strong and healthy, you’re likely sitting upright with your shoulders back. However, if you’re feeling down today, you’re likely slouched over, shoulders slumped, head down. Now comes the fun part. Switch up your posture and notice what it does to your mood. You now have the power to control your energy at any moment.
- Delegate. Sometimes, a lack of energy is due to overwhelming, stress, and the feeling that you can’t possibly get everything done. Imagine if the lead singer of a band tried to play all of the instruments at once, in addition to singing. It would be a disaster! That’s what the band is for, which is where your team comes in. Delegate some of your responsibilities to others and lighten your load. Your energy will lift and recharge immediately.
- Get moving! Imagine a rock star trying to do air kicks on stage without some stretching and cardio in his off time. What you do outside of the office affects what you can do inside. When you leave work, do you plop down on the couch with a bowl of chips and the television remote or are you outside, living life? Exercise is important for you, no matter what that looks like for you. For some, it’s just a walk around the block after dinner. For others, it’s an hour or two at the gym before the rest of the world wakes up. Get moving and your energy will soar. Motion creates emotion.
- Take time to recharge. Even rock stars get off the stage every so often. You need time to be silent and tap into your intuition and your inner rock star. You need time to have fun away from the stresses at work and surrounded by the people you love.
- Bonus: Listen to motivational music. This is a no-brainer. Music motivates. Use it to jumpstart, fuel, or in addition to what you’re already doing. As a Rock Star Motivational Speaker, it’s the easiest way for me to create instant energy in a room. It will work for your team-building activities, team meetings, or creative jam sessions as I call them.
The Bottom Line
Energy is a necessity in your business and your life. Rock stars have known for years that the only way to give an unforgettable performance, one that has the crowd pumping their fists in excitement, is to tap into the energy. If you need assistance building the energy in your business meetings and teams; Orlando Motivational Speaker Marvelless Mark can help.
Contact us today to find out how Marvelless Mark can motivate your business at your next event.